Friday, 17 May 2013

£20 Make-Up tag

Hello me lovlies! Decided to do the £20 make up challenge today! I haven't seen any blog posts on this, bit I'm sure they're out there. This was actually a really easy tag for me, because most of my make up is drug store stuff anyway, so £20 wasn't that hard!


The Products I used: 
*At time of Purchase*

Avon Colour Lasting Lipstick £4
= £19.50

Here's the Final Outcome...

Step one: Prep your face. I used Neutrogena's grapefrut facial scrub and then moisturised. I didn't use a primer, my make up stays on well , plus didn't have enough in the budget!
Step two: Next you want to layer your foundation. I never go straight onto foundation, so at first I mixed a bit of ELF and Witch's tinted moisturiser. I cover my t-zone with this. Next, with a little tinted moisturiser still on the back of my hand, I pump a bit of Rimmel True match foundation on to it. Mix it and then apply to any areas that need high coverage. I used it mostly on my nose and chin. The problem with Rimmels True match Foudation is that it matches your skin. Seems like a perfect idea but it doesn't really cover redness because it pretty much matches it. Damn...
Step three: I used ELF's powder blush in pink passion for a bit of colour. I've had it for about three years and I've finally used it up. I love the colour, it seems very bright in its packaging, but isn't too vibrant on the skin. 
Step four: For the eyes I curled them (didn't put this is the budget - counts as an appliance rather than makeup? Brushes don't count, thought this wouldn't either...) and oddly a little Vaseline. This helps set them a little, and also petroleumgelly is so good for lashes, if i remember correctly it helps with strength and curl. 
Step five: Used Avon's Glimmerstick in cosmic brown under the eye and on the eye lid. Didn't use loads, just enough for a bit of definition. 
Step six: Lastly, a bit of lippy. Avon's extra lasting lippy is great for its price, and stayed on for quite a few hours. 

Verdict for lips: I really wanted to reach for a lip liner, this lipstick is quite tricky to apply because of its dome shape and pigment. But it does last a while, kind of acts like a lip stain.

     

Verdict for eyes: liner was amazing, no smudge, and the intensity was the same all day. Next time I will find a good cheap mascara though, the Vaseline didn't set my curled lashes as much as I hoped, but still a good alternative. 


That's all! I think that was successful, even if one or two of the products have changed price since I got them.






No comments:

Post a Comment