
The price of make up is aways increasing, and it seems like I'll only buy things in a sale or on promotion to save a few pennies. I'll always squeeze that tiny bit of shampoo out the bottle or lipgloss from the tube if it means that that purse damaging shopping trip can wait a little bit longer. Over the years I've gathered a few tips on how to make your make up go further, so you're not restocking frequently too!
1. If you use foundation, mix it with some tinted moisturiser. Every time I want to use my foundation, I'll mix it with some tinted moisturiser on the back of my hand first. This means that you use less foundation, but still get some coverage. Admittedly the coverage is weakened a bit, but for day to day use it's great, and on a bad skin day you can always change the ratio of tinted moisturiser:foundation. This is pointless if you're using a very expensive tinted moisturiser, so I use Witch's Anti-Blemish tinted moisturiser and I love it, I'm on my forth tube, and it only costs £4 a tube. I've been doing this for years and my foundations have lasted four times as long with this method.
2. If a nail varnish is near its end, or has dried out, pour a little nail varnish remover in, swish the bottle until its mixed in. This gives you more varnish, and it doesn't thin in out that much if you just add a little, so if its dried out just add a little remover and its back to normal.
3. If you seem to get through mascara quickly, buy an eyelash curler. I cannot tell you how much this has helped. Every morning I'll curl my lashes (My eyelash curler was £1.50 from superdrug ~ I really don't see the point in an expensive one which does the exact same thing.??) And then you only need a few coats of mascara to set it. You don't have to rely on several coats to get curly, large lashes when you can curl them, and just use a mascara as a 'setting' agent for a long day durability.
4. Cut facial wipes in half. I know they're only a few quid anyway, but if you do this, and use one a day, thats a few quid you're saving for a new nail varnish or could go towards that top you loved in River Island or that cute little cat charm you saw in Forever 21. Every little helps after all!
5. Make your own beauty products! This is where internet is your new best friend. I've made loads of the stuff you can buy at a very expensive price with items sitting in my cupboard. This can actually be more beneficial for you too, because you're not using harsh chemicals or preservatives. It can be a huge advantage, for example I made a facial scrub the other day and I could alter the ingredients so that I could use one that would combat spots/breakouts more than just add moisture to the skin. And it cost me a pound :)
6. Sign up for Loyalty/Rewards/Advantage cards. Most stores offer a loyalty card, which you show them every time you make a purchase, and it will add points to your card to spend in-store. Quite a few of these are free (Boots, Superdrug) and if you're a regular shopper, the points will quickly top up and you could do a shop for free. There are a few stores that you have to buy loyalty cards from, so if you are buying a card, make sure you're getting more than the amount you pay for your card. The Body Shop have a Rewards card which is £5, but its definitely worth it for me, because I shop there often. Some of their Membership offers include 10% off purchases, A birthday gift worth £5, a free product worth £5 on your 4th stamp (Purchase) a free product worth £10 on your 8th stamp and exclusive offers and special savings. Yes. Please.
I hope these tips helps you save those pennies, Leave a comment below if you've got a tip/advice too, I'd love to read what you do Or Tweet me xx








No comments:
Post a Comment