What is Rookie I hear you ask?
Its an online magazine if you like, with 3 new posts a day. They target teen girls between 13 and 19, and have categories such as Style, Music, Books and Comics, Eye Candy and 'live through this'. (There are way more categories for me to natter on about, but didn't want this post going on forever.. Ok now this whole brackets thing is just a way of tricking myself into thinking it doesn't count for blog-writing space. Shut up Beth.) (Thanks.) They have writers who contribute all the time, but one of my favourite things about Rookie is how well they connect to their audience - us. We can send in our own articles, drawings etc.. providing more and more originality.
![]() |
| It's announcement page. All those two year years ago. Nawww :3 |
Ok great. So its basically a blog. Why are you sharing this with me Beth?
![]() |
| The beautiful beautiful year book. Ahhh |
Well fictional blog reader, I'll tell ya why. One thing better than the Rookie website is the Rookie Yearbook (£15 from *this* site). And if you're anywhere near a design freak like I am, this is actually heaven. Similar to the website, its full of hand-drawn pictures, notes, colours and cut out pictures, along with powerful articles and really super relatable girly stuff. Its got a lovely informal scrapbook feel that is just really appealing.
You still haven't answered my question, Why are you sharing this with me?
![]() |
| One of my favourite articles from the first year book.. How to Bitchface. |
Sorry, yes. Well I love design-y pretty things, but my blog doesn't always reflect this. So from now on I'm going to do more pretty posts. Hand drawn things for style ideas or trends, then posted as large pictures. I haven't set a day in the week for this or a timetable or schedule, this will be a bit more loose. More of an every now and then. A mind map of style or fashion ideas most likely.
Ok so post over. Sorry if this post wasn't really your thing, but I really like these more informal natter-y posts, even if they are a bit lengthy. So what do you think of Rookie? Or the yearbook? Or the idea of design-y blog posts? Or these nattery convo-like posts? Or anything really? The comment section is your oyster.. or something else inspirational... Comment Below Lovelies ^_^
~ My favourite Rookie Posts Right Now ~











No comments:
Post a Comment