Thursday, 30 May 2013

My Bathtime Essentials


Not a fan of baths, I love the bath foams and calm atmosphere, but what on earth do you do? Its rubbish for washing you hair because the bath water is soapy, I can't read because I am just so clumsy any book I have will soon become a soggy pile of paper and conditioner, and I always get too hot so I can only sit in a bath for about 10 minutes before pulling the plug. So as you may have guessed I'm a shower person, and I have a strange obsession with bath stuff. I love how nice everything smells - I own countless shower gels,  shampoo's and conditioners always smell better in a shower too. So I decided that today I would do a post on my favourite shower item-y things. *Wondering why the post title is called 'Bathtime Essentials'* -_-

Shampoo...


I have tried over one hundred different shapoo's in my life time, and I have to say, nothing beats Pantene Pro-v Aqualight Shampoo for Fine hair. My hair gets really dry and brittle, and no other shampoo adds moisture as much as this one. It use to be called Pantene Pro V Ice shine, and I completely freaked out when I couldn't find it in shops anymore. Luckily they just changed the packaging and it smells a little different, but the ingredients are really similar and it leaves my hair feeling exactly the same. *few*. I know this shampoo is for fine hair, which really put me off at first because I have very very thick hair, but I just put a lot of it in, and it still has a really good result. I get the 500ml bottle, £4.69.

Conditioner...

I wasn't keen on herbal essences for a long time, because it always left a little product in my hair which made it greasy quite quickly. I tried the 'Hello Hydration' conditioner to help combat the dryness in my hair and I quite like it. I have to admit its not a miracle product, and I'm going to try different ones, but at the moment, its doing a good job. It is helping with adding moisture, but every time I use this I find it getting greasy a day later. The scent reminds me of fruits and coconut though. At the moment its only £1.87 at superdrug, so at the moment its definitely worth trying out!


Now for my favourite bit, Shower Gels...


Got three favourite shower gels, and they all are a must have in my opinion. First up is TreacleMoon's 'My coconut island' shower gel. It has to be my favourite shower gel in the whole entire world. Its got the sweetest, coconut-y scent, which is just so relaxing. It foams up incredibly, I end up putting a really small amount on and filling the bath tub with suds. It leaves my skin really smooth and smells fresh. I've had the bottle for ages because a little goes a long way, and the bottle is 500ml so it will last you ages. Its only £2.99 at Tesco's. As I searched for the link for Treacle Moon's shower gel I found that they also do My Coconut Island hand wash, body scrub and body butter. *added to shopping cart*.
For something a little sharper, I use The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit and Sweet Lemon shower gels. I like the miniature sizes because I use them up quickly and that means I'm always trying new scents. In my opinion nothing beats a body shop fragrance, and these shower gels are no exception, The grapefruit is really sharp and zingy and actually smells like a grapefruit. (Not that manifactured chemical smell most companies use). The Sweet Lemon one is really strong but not at all bitter, which I really like. They both lather up really well, but I do find myself applying a second lot by the time I've reached my legs. Another Body Shop favourite is the Satsuma Shower gel. This was my all time favourite body shop frangrance and I may repurchase this next time I go on a shopping trip. The little bottles are only £2, the larger 250ml bottles are £4.


To wash my body I use a scrunchie thing. (What on earth are they called?). I prefer these to flannels because they act more like a scrub than the flannel does, so I always feel cleaner and my skin is always softer. I use a large tooth comb to comb out my hair after conditioner.

Skincare after a shower...


I have finally got into moisturising after a shower. I use to never do this, but since I've been using a body lotion and facial moisturiser my skin feels so much softer.
For my body I use Vaseline's Vitamin Boost Body lotion, £3. Its got a very subtle fruity fragrance, which I really like. it doesn't feel greasy on the skin, and it really does its job. It says its a vitamin boost. I can't really tell the difference in my skin in terms of vitamins, but its a good moisturiser so I'd recommend it for that.
For my face I use Freederm's Zone Balancing  moisturiser, £5 (ish). At first I really didn't like this moisturiser because for everyday use it was a little too strong. Strangely, if I don't use moisturiser my skin gets quite greasy, because at first it dries up, then my skin produces way too much oil. So every time I come out of the shower I put some of this all over my face and it will stay hydrated for days. Its quite thick and it doesn't smell particularly nice, but I'll definitely be repurchasing it.

Phoar this post has got insanely long and word dominant, but I promise you its over now! I'll keep this bit short and sweet.
Hope you enjoyed reading about my shower essentials, leave a comment below on your thoughts
xxx


Tweet Me Here 
Follow me on BlogLovin'
See what I get up to on Instagram
And don't forget to follow my blog too, I dare you >;)






No comments:

Post a Comment