Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Father's Day Gift Ideas...


Father's day - Sunday 18th June (!)
I'm awful with gifts, they're always late, always rubbish because I'm late with them, and they just become an embarrassing bundle of tissue and an unwanted pack of pencils or something. So for the first time ever, I'm going to actually plan this thing! These are a few of the items going round my head at the moment, if you have any suggestions or ideas as to what you're going to go, please leave a comment so we can all share some good gift ideas :)

Shop brought gifts...
Totally Funky has a page on Father's day, here are a few of my favourites from their website.

Emergency Mug, £7.99, Dad is such a coffee-holic
Tetris Light, £29.99 This is a personal one, because as a kid me and dad use to spend ages battling each other on this game.
Marmite Classic Salt and Pepper set, £8.99

Notonthehighstreet.com 

Personalised number one cassette print, £38. You decide whats goes on it, an inside joke, a favourite shared song, a significant date..


Cricket match Tee, £17. He's a huge cricket fan, and likes understated T-shirts.



Homemade gift ideas
Something simple like a nicely cooked meal is a nice way of showing support, its kinder on the wallet too...
One-step no-churn coffee ice cream, BBC Food.
One step ice cream? It looks so so so easy to make, and Coffee flavour is sure to be a a winner.

Spinach, Feta and pine nut salad, BBC Food.

Dad is a veggie, and most of the father's day recipe's are meat on top of meat on top of meat. Thank god he likes salads or else I'd be stuck for ideas...

 

My favourite idea...
I love personal gifts, and this is by far the best one I thought of. Simply buy an empty, blank paged notebook/scrapbook and fill it with pictures, thoughts, memories, dates, flat objects, anything that is precious for you both. I know this sounds extremely cheesy but it would be a really valuable gift. 

<All from paperchase>


Pack up your troubles notebook, £3

Kraft A5 Landscape scrapbook £5
Triplus fineliner waller (set of 20) £21. For a bit of colour
Stickers, L-R Block press letters £1, blue ribbon for decoration £1.50, Daper Stache Markers £3.50.






Ok so thats all my ideas at the moment, if you have any ideas or thoughts, please comment bellow and we can all share our ideas.. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment