I've used this facial scrub for years and you can't beat it. It uses natural ingredients you can find in your kitchen, and all have really good properties for healthy skin. My favourite thing about this scrub is you can alter the recipe so it suits your skin. I've written the original recipe, which would be for normal skin, and then alterations for different skin types.
Normal skin:
- 150g white caster sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 table spoon of manuka (or regular) honey
Simply mix all the ingredients together, and store in an air tight container. ( I use jam jars.) If you don't, the sugar in the scrub will crystallise and become too brittle for the skin.
To use: Massage a little onto skin, and wash off with warm water. It lasts for ages, but you may need to stir it every few days so it doesn't set hard.
For dry skin:
Cut back on lemon, and use more olive oil or honey. Both have moisturising properties, so will really help, whilst lemon will dry out the skin. You can add a little more sugar to exfoliate the dry flakes that may appear on the skin.
For Acne-prone skin:
Cut back on sugar and use more lemon. Lemons are very anti-bacterial and will really help combat any blemishes, and sugar may irritate the skin and cause more grease on the skin. Honey may also help, because it an anti-bacterial.
For Oily skin:
Cut back on olive oil and use more lemon. Olive oil is very moisturising so getting rid of that should help. Also the lemon can be quite drying on the skin, so it will reduce the oil on your skin, but just remember to keep the honey in to have your skin lightly moisturised.
For dull skin:
Use more honey! Honey is supports the skin's ability to rejuvenate and refreshen depleted skin, so should help boost your skins natural glow.
There we have it! A really nice, easy and personalised scrub that is always on my bathroom shelf. I found this recipe from a really nice book 'Beauty Masks and Scrubs'. Its full of natural beauty products that are easy to make, only £7 from WHSmith (click here). I've also done a blog post on a DIY facial cleanser which you can read about here.
I'd love to here whether this scrub helped you, or if you've got a homemade one you swear by. Comment below :)
Bye for now x
Follow me on BlogLovin'
See what I get up to on Instagram
And don't forget to follow my blog too, I dare you >;)









No comments:
Post a Comment